As a stay at home mother, I’m the one who does all the cooking and cleaning along with taking care of my little super baby. I’m often looking for quick and easy recipes for breakfast, dinner, or dessert and Pinterest is a treasure trove of recipes- some good, some not so good. I’m not one to follow a recipe exactly, but I’ll tell you what changes I’ve made to make these work for us. Here’s a few that I have tried and gotten good reviews on from the fam…
I’m starting with dessert because life is short and you never know if you’ll get to have it. Here are a few of my favorite easy recipes for dessert-
1. Peach Cobbler Dump Cake– man oh man this was tasty good stuff! Served hot with icecream on top- oh mama!
2. Nutella Crescent Rolls– quick and easy, these made everyone happy! They’re best eaten hot. I’m considering adding some sweetened cream cheese to the next batch.
3. Homemade Icecream in Baggies – Easy, extra tasty, kid friendly and not packed full of all the stuff even “natural” icecream is at the grocery store! Who ever wanted to eat guar gum anyway?! (This goes excellent with the Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!)
Okay, so now for some easy recipes for dinner options-
4. Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole – This is a perfect quick and super low carb casserole! With no rice or potatoes, I was a little skeptical at first… but with a diabetic in the house I’m always looking for low carb options. This certainly fit the bill and it got the husbands seal of approval. That’s good stuff!
5. Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread – This doesn’t sound like a meal, but it easily becomes one. I’ve used this recipe to make all kinds of buffalo chicken goodness. I add cream cheese to the filling. It’s similar to buffalo chicken dip, which makes it pretty versatile. I’ve used the filling for a pizza topping, to fill crescent rolls and make “hot pockets”, as filling for cups using biscuit dough pressed into a muffin tin, as filling for a grilled cheese panini… I’m sure I’ll come up with more in time…
6. Parmesan Crusted Chicken – Really quick and easy. I initially tried this because I had mistakenly purchased a jar of the dressing style mayo and held onto it since I’m not one for wasting food. Turns out that was a very fortunate instance of hoarding! Hubby likes this one very much.
7. Man Pleasing Chicken – Very much like dijon chicken, but definitely a bit sweeter and just a bit more savory. It’s a really nice dish that’s easy to put together and get dinner done.
I’m always looking for a quick side dish… these easy recipes have gone over well.
8. Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella – Quick and tasty! I’ll often make this with grilled chicken or steak.
9. Crash Hot Potatoes – Really nice side with a grilled steak and a salad!
10. Roasted Cabbage Wedges – Another good and quick one… goes well with most baked or grilled meats.
Breakfast- the most important (and time limited) meal of the day…
11. Oatmeal Smoothies – Nice and filling easy recipe and good to go.
12. Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal – These are sooooo yummy! There are so many flavor combinations and options. You can truly make these your own. Fill up a few jars the night before and you’ve got breakfast ready when you wake up or you’re ready to go!
13. Egg muffins/mini fritas – Really these are just mini omelets or fritas cooked in a muffin tin. Add whatever fillings/toppings you like and make up a batch. Easily reheated and easy to take on the go.
So most of this is just fast, easy, and inexpensive fare. Most importantly, it’s oh so tasty!